So my SnapFam knows I spent last Sunday at "Embrace Your Frizzique" - a picnic held at Edinburgh Gardens in Fitzroy North, that brought together several naturals from all over Melbourne. It was hosted by Zarah who runs Embrace Your Frizzique on Instagram.
Need I say, I was THRILLED to have attended! I went with Sandra of Wawili Hair and Annie of Frolita and we had so much fun! I'm really glad I got to meet some of my readers as well - I was super surprised that a few of the attendees recognised me from YouTube! How humbling!
Most importantly, I got to meet naturals from all over Melbourne and beyond (hey Michelle McSweeny!) and we chatted about everything - from our favourite hair products to our go-to beauty supply stores.
Now if you're not from Melbourne, you may not understand just how glorious it is to meet another sister with kinks and curls! Black women are few and far between, so trust me I took this chance to soak in #blackgirlmagic in its purest, rawest form! Here are a few snaps from the day!
1. Footscray Shopping Centre has lots of stores with natural haircare products, braids, accessories and appliances. Feel free to walk around and find some hair gems.
2. Dy77 on AliExpress is a great place to find high quality affordable wigs.
3. Afropuffs.com.au and iHerb.com.au stock lots of popular hair products.
4. I recently shared this review on my blog but Your Theorie is a fantastic line of haircare products. Their deep conditioner is my new staple!
5. Join Sistas In Australia on Facebook to connect with other naturals in Australia.
I'm certainly looking forward to our next natural hair meet-up! If you're a naturalista in Melbourne, be sure to hang out with me on Snapchat as I'll certainly be letting you in on the next get-together!
For now, I'm sending you lots of love and sunshine!!