How's your weekend been/going?! I sure do hope you're thriving wherever you're reading this from! I'm doing well! Just thought I'd pop in to let you in on a little budding beauty secret of mine: Macadamia Natural Oil!
Now, now, now! Where to begin!? I LOVE their Rejuvenating Shampoo and Deep Repair Masque. I'm super glad I gave them a try as I'd been eyeing them for a while.
Here's what I love about Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo:
1. It's sulfate and paraben free! This means it doesn't strip our hair of its natural oils and it also doesn't have dangerous parabens that are known to be carcinogenic. :-/
2. It does a good job of removing my weekly build up and also helps relieve a dry and itchy scalp. It lathers easily and leaves my strands feeling daisy-fresh.
3. It's infused with Macadamia and Argan Oil - these emollients aid in the manageability of my hair during wash day and lightly seal in added moisture.
4. It has some really pretty packaging! I absolutely love the gold doodle pattern on the bottle as well as the earth green labels. The shape of the bottle is also pretty unique. These attributes really caught my eye when I first came across these products at my local beauty supply store.
5. It smells great! Smooth, sweet and clean. I love it!
Here's what I don't love about Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo:
1. It has some pretty crappy preservatives such as Red 4 and Blue 1 :-/ I really don't like to use too many products that have artificial additives as these are toxic for us in the long run.
2. It's on the pricier end of life..! Yep about $18 for 300ml. This thing better be cleansing my brain, heart, soul, body and mind as well! Smhh!! :-)
......Moving on swiftly to the masque now.......
Here's what I love about Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque:
1. It actually does the job! Having been natural for almost five years, I can assure you I've come across some hair products that are just plain annoying. You slap them on your hair and half an hour later, your hair feels and looks exactly the same! *Insert slow eye-roll emoji* Not so with this Masque, my friend. Not so! This here is pure gold. It was all the rave on YouTube a while back, and it's no surprise. It has one job, and it performs to perfection.
2. It's very rich and creamy, so a little goes a long way. I've applied this to the ends of my hair severally, to act as a light overnight moisturiser and I've been quite impressed by morning. My strands feel revived.
Here's what I don't love about Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque:
1. It is waaayyyy too pricey! I literally had to close my eyes in anguish as I swiped my card for this product! It retails at my local supermarket, Coles, for $32. As in! $32 for 250ml of product. A litre of this thing would be $128!! What is life?? :-///
2. It's quite strongly scented. I'm quite sensitive to strong smells. I notice the slightest changes in scent so overbearing perfumes really do put me off! This Masque is slightly over-scented. When you first open the tub, its sweet, cashmere scent is arresting but after 10-15 minutes, I'm more than ready to wash it off!
3. It's both a protein and moisture-intensive deep conditioner. This can be a good or bad thing in my view. I prefer to distinguish between my protein and moisturising treatments just to ensure I'm getting the best of both worlds. This Masque however straddles the divide, while I've found it to be highly moisturising, it's also restorative and leaves your strands feeling "strong".
Here's where you can purchase these products online:
Be sure to check out your beauty supply stores wherever in the world you are - Sally's Beauty Supply (US), Our Price (Kenya) or Chemist Direct (England). Your local supermarket may carry them as well, so be sure to glide by the beauty aisle to see what you can find. :-)
Have you used either of these two products before? If so, what do you think about them? What do you love or hate about them? Also, please let me know in the comments section which country you're in and where you purchase your hair goodies from, I'm sure another naturalista in our little Craving Yellow Community will be really really grateful!! :-)
As ALWAYS, I'm sending you LOTS of LOVE & SUNSHINE!